Recent comments

6 days ago

stephieku

Rejection seems to be a Japanese doujin group that sells stuff at M3, so they're probably legitimate and got permission from him. https://resistance-rejection.tumblr.com/

7 days ago

Mister_Tsar

Hey, guys!
There is this one weird track I found on Google Play... https://play.google.com/store/music/album?id=Blgvq3on67ixn5zfyut536iivse
Is this a real cover? It's very questionable.
The original song is "Sinner" by OkameP feat. Megurine Luka.

18 days ago

stephieku

Linked videos are different recordings from the album versions.

彼はきっと魔法を使う。

Orangestar feat. めありー
2 months ago

jakegaslamp

Why is no one adding Honeyworks songs? What is going on here? I've added two and I was about to add a third one...

3 months ago

stephieku

I don't usually bother with it, but since this is a re-upload by the original creator, i think putting the original upload date in the description might be better.

3 months ago

faerimagic

I can't access the deleted entries, but I'm pretty sure the original upload was listed at some point. Should this entry reference that original upload date or will the current reupload date be fine?

クラゲの歌

Nathanael Platier feat. Virgo Voice
3 months ago

mag

Maaany thanks

3 months ago

faerimagic

Gotcha, I'll merge them for you! I guess I should've added her username as an alias. Woops! I'll be sure to do that, too.

3 months ago

mag

Well, so I've just found out that Kasuka actually DOES already exist in the DB. Could these entries be merged together?

4 months ago

stephieku

Also, please don't add illegal uploads (esp album-only). I've caught a few, but please flag any ones you see. Reprints of publicly available MVs (if not already uploaded by the creator) are in a grey area, but we don't tolerate blatant piracy.

4 months ago

faerimagic

This list was getting too long. Besides, it's better to have sources listed in the artist description so more people can access and see it.

Instead, this thread will be a list of artists that still need their sources or a source to be translated.

17 months ago

faerimagic

Sorry for the delay! I've added all the new ones to the list.

17 months ago

overtides

Soraru no longer allows reprints. (source)

19 months ago

overtides

Just added a few artists that forbid reprints.
セラぴょん: (Source)

Mes: (Source)

Edit (2):
Illustrators:
萩森じあ: (Source/Source)
赤月ろきの: (Source)
おちも: (Source)
檀上大空: (Source/Source)

Edit (3)
Music Producers:
EZFG: (Source/Source)

19 months ago

faerimagic

@overtides, Thanks for your hard work! I've added them all to the list.

19 months ago

overtides

No problem! Here are some of the missing sources:
Anima: (Source)
Araki: (Source)
*Namirin: (Source) ; the Copyright Disclaimers
Panaman: (Source/Source)
Shoose: (Source)
Swi: (Source)

Here are some additions:
しゃいる: (Source)
美麗: (Source)
"※この動画で他の方の名前を出すことは絶対にお控えください。" is seen on various video descriptions.
Tightson: (Source)
"Youtube等の他動画サイトへの無断転載は禁止です(・o・)" is seen on recent video descriptions.
Ashikubi: (Source)
SymaG: (Source)
HaRuK@: (Source)
Note: original source was deleted. Here is a secondary source.
Kanna: (Source)
Izu: (Source)
96Neko: (Source)
Kano: (Source)
TokoNokoα: (Source)

I will probably add more later. @faerimagic

19 months ago

faerimagic

@overtides Thanks for the source, I've added Mafumafu to the list!

19 months ago

overtides

Mafumafu no longer allows reprints. (Source)

4 months ago

stephieku

If anyone has a physical copy of this CD, can they check if 大和 is credited as guitar for all the songs? He's credited as "Guitar solo" for track 1 and 2 on the website, but I'm not sure if buzzG takes care of guitar in other parts.

Tasogare Archive

buzzG, Retriever Records
4 months ago

faerimagic

Sounds great! Thanks for your hard work!

4 months ago

stephieku

We're testing a new feature on utaitedb!

Now, when you add an artist to an album/song, you can Customize the name. Currently, you can type in a name/alias to appear on the string instead of the artist's main name on their entry. The Custom name will appear on the album/song entries, but when you hover over the name, and you will be able to see the artist's main name, aliases, and artist type as usual. Clicking on the link will still lead to the artist's entry.

Example: http://utaitedb.net/Al/9499. ササノマリイ appears instead of ねこぼーろ

This will be helpful in cases where artists change their name and artists who use different names for different projects/careers. For artists that currently have two entries, I will discuss with the other staff members on what entries to merge. Please let me know what artists would benefit from this change, I'll put them on the list below.

Artists Affected:

スマートを模索する

sasakure.UK feat. 向日葵
5 months ago

stephieku

Updates goes here!

Hello everyone!
Sorry for my long absence, I'm going through a long backlog of entry reports and entries to clean up!
It is likely we will be discontinuing the blog and any news updates will be posted in this Discussions section.

Thanks for all your contributions!

Things to fix:
- Inconsistencies on arrangers. When can put an arranger on support?
---> See Yonezu Kenshi's songs.

5 months ago

Ruinan_Ding

karen is good. please help to complete and maintain

6 months ago

Ruinan_Ding

saki is great. i like him. if possible complete and maintain some of his videos please. thanks

7 months ago

mag

This was the song that got me into Vocaloid

Alice Human Sacrifice

歪P feat. various
7 months ago

mag

Definitely my favorite cover from him

ヤクビョウガミ

まふまふ feat. kradness
7 months ago

faerimagic

@shikendon Oh, wow, nice catch! I've removed the tag now.

7 months ago

shikendon

This song shouldn't have 'vocaloid original' tag. But I can't remove others' tag.

ストリーミングハート

DECO*27 feat. kradness
8 months ago

Ruinan_Ding

ahh, and, she is good too

8 months ago

Ruinan_Ding

really one of my favorite singer here. love it. if you can, help fill some out here

8 months ago

Ruinan_Ding

i really like shiori, if you wish, help filling out the rest of her works

8 months ago

Ruinan_Ding

good singer

8 months ago

Ruinan_Ding

yet another

8 months ago

Ruinan_Ding

very unique singer

9 months ago

ayuumii

@faerimagic Sorry for the late response, I haven't been on UtaiteDB in a while. But no, he didn't, and I was not aware of that rule. I'll take down the links; sorry for the trouble.

9 months ago

faerimagic

@ayuumii Hi there! I was just wondering, did DECO*27 make these YouTube songs available somewhere? Unless there is a publicly available official upload, reprints of album-exclusive songs are not permitted on UtaiteDB. (Source: http://wiki.vocadb.net/wiki/14/general-guidelines-for-utaitedb#General-rules)

DECOUSTIC

DECO*27
9 months ago

Ruinan_Ding

someone in my place pls try their best to import as much of her songs into the database
thx
also, pls add anything you spotted that i missed

13 months ago

Ruinan_Ding

help me document her by importing her songs from nicodb. she has an amazing voice.

14 months ago

Specineff

What does her name translate to? Thanks

14 months ago

STERN

That company (株式会社 秋葉工房) went bankrupt 2016/06/01.

15 months ago

STERN

DUAROOT is Dual + root. It is mean 杏ノ助 is ... (get the message).
Production version Jacket was drawn addtionally "HALLO KITTY". ※©SANRIO

Duaroot

杏ノ助
16 months ago

faerimagic

I'm unsure if this is the correct version that appears in Amatsuki's DiVE!!.

小さな恋のうた

fu-rin feat. 天月
17 months ago

stephieku

I've been cleaning up the tags and I've been reorganizing them to make them more useful.
I wanted to address some issues and clarify some categories. I'm unsure what is useful or not, so I would appreciate some suggestions.

General issues:
- I deleted many tags that were copied from VocaDB that I think are unappropriate for UtaiteDB (such as "cover", "Non-English Lyrics", since a majority of songs fall under this category). I changed the "Japanese" tag into "Japanese cover" for use on non-Japanese songs covered in Japanese. I also deleted many Vocaloid voicebank related tags. If you want to include more information on the Vocaloid or UTAU, please put it in the description.
- Tags can use spaces, there is no need to use underscores for word separation.
- Try to avoid redundant tags. Merge or report any redundant tags. This is especially a problem for compound words with variations in spaces, dashes, underscores.

Here is a brief description of how I currently organize the tags. Please let me know if there's any categories you would like to add or categories you think should be redefined, renamed, etc.

Categories:
- Genres: Genres a song belongs to. Music genres are a lower priority on UtaiteDB compared to VocaDB, but if you would like to add genre tags, please be careful about redundant tags. Most of the redundant tags I removed were from this category
- Arrangement type: For rearrangements, what type of arrangement.
- Artist status: Gives more information on the artist's current activity.
- Animation: PV animation style. Might remove this category.
- Copyrights: Franchises such as anime, games, TV shows, movies that the song originates from. For videos removed due to copyright claims, go to the Song Status category.
- Editor notes: Mostly tags that indicate missing information or explain missing information. This sections is to help editors locate incomplete or messy entries. It is also good to identify entries where the classifications are unknown (like remix vs. cover. vs. original).
- Event: Related to concerts, competitions, themed events (e.g. nostalgic Vocaloid songs collab), etc. Youtube chorus battles have their own section.
- Jobs: Tags that explain the positions/roles of people under Other Artists and people who belong to multiple artist types/roles (e.g. an utaite who also illustrates for PVs will have an "illustrator" tag). I'm considering changing the name of this category.
- Languages: Languages utaite sing in and language a song is in (excluding Japanese).
- Lyrics: Types of lyrics available for a song.
- Release types: Provides extra information on the release type and what the release comes with.
- Series: G**roups songs/albums that belong to a song or album series.
- **Site types
: Indicates sites artists frequently upload to.
- Song status: Availability of the song and other aspects of the song.
- Sources: Where the song is from, more song type information.
- Staff use: These are for the mods and admins to double check certain entries for deletion or quality checking.
- Themes: content information for songs. I deleted a lot of general tags like "love" and "depression", but if people want them back, I'll put them back in. I kept tags like "Christmas" and content warning type tags.
- View count milestones: If the video has reached a certain number of views.
- Vocalists: Tags describing the vocalist. Majority of tags should relate to utaite, such as type of utaite or voice types. Specific tags for voicebanks aren't welcome (e.g. female Vocaloid).
- YouTube battles: Youtube chorus battles go here
- Unsorted: Categories to be determined. Not sure where to put "serifu".

Once again, please give suggestions if you can!

22 months ago

faerimagic

Okay, so I guess that means Comiket 84, then.

22 months ago

riipah

I think it means "Summer Comiket", meaning Comiket in August.

22 months ago

Is 夏コミ an event?

AUTOGRAPH

MOVE ON Entertainment
22 months ago

faerimagic

This song is pretty much 2525遊園地, but Usa's version has slightly changed lyrics (?) and the album version was released first.

FRIENDS in the BOX

黒うさP feat. うさ
22 months ago

faerimagic

According to Utaite Wiki, the 9th track differs depending on which publisher (Tower Records / Animate) but I need a source to confirm this.

23 months ago

Yamishiro

I ordered this album yesterday. Can´t wait for it to arrive. (OuO)/

Background illustration by みゆ | Other credits and source code | Content licensed under Creative Commons.