Recent comments

54 days ago

faerimagic

I just realized that the vocal-less tracks sound a little different than off vocals that Osamurai-san provided.
In the ones in the CD, it seems the guitar itself takes on the main parts whereas in the off vocals, the main guitar is missing altogether.

Should I switch the CD guitar tracks to "cover", or should they stay as "instrumentals"?

2 months ago

Yamishiro

Here’s Chomaiyo’s Spotify (I can’t add the link since the page has been approved): https://play.spotify.com/artist/2qRcYlPFHxMRlYSoQ0S0Y9?si=XQauTaM9QEGTi52YPUbZGA

3 months ago

MiaDickerson

@SpeedybakaP wouldn't be able to cover one his songs with feeling depressed

8 months ago

SpeedybakaP

A wonderful person and an inspiration to us all. Rest In Peace...

4 months ago

MiaDickerson

wait.. is it just me or does her picture make her look like a Vocaloid/UTAUloid?

4 months ago

Cineva

This is different from https://utaitedb.net/S/21312 ?

6 months ago

MiaDickerson

can someone put Hook'd on VocaDB?

6 months ago

MiaDickerson

KIRA has been hiding his voice from us this entire time!!

thumb

Hook'd

KIRA feat. KIRA
6 months ago

szg28

It seems that UtaiteDB needs to be upgraded as well.

启明

汤汤, 王二小 feat. ClessS
6 months ago

MiaDickerson

Alvin's Cover is the Best Cover of Monster i've heard ever!!

thumb

MONSTER

KIRA feat. Aruvn
7 months ago

Nefere

@ayuumii I changed a title to 4 full-width Japanese spaces for now - I did it only because the song was "unclickable" and there was no way to check the song page in normal way.

I searched for information about the album as well, with no luck. There's only 100 CDs released which makes harder to find an owner of the album.

9 months ago

ayuumii

I can't seem to find any info on what the title of this song is. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough... For now it'll just be an empty space

アイカツP
9 months ago

stephieku

We do not support any illegal downloads. When we have links to legal downloads, we will add them in!

9 months ago

SatouT

can i download this album?

9 months ago

mbal5c

album from my favorite group, I can't wait......

10 months ago

stephieku

I usually remove "Entries to QC" tags when one of the staff members reviews the entries, it's just a reminder to double check entries later, even if they're likely complete.

10 months ago

revoltingly

the " entries to QC" can be removed now

thumb

1PIKO

ピコ
11 months ago

Ruinan_Ding

great singer. please update

11 months ago

Necessity4Fun

Edit, because Steph has ninja'd me: That's the information I got too when I asked them about it on the discord server~

I was also told to stop commenting on entries like this because it makes it sounds like I'm impersonating the staff which was not my intention, I just type very formally when I'm dealing with things I consider important ahaha... So just to clarify, not part of staff just a very passionate user trying to help out >w<

11 months ago

stephieku

It's okay to add the Vocaloid entry if you want. We recently have the option to directly link the Vocadb entry, so it's not required to add the Vocaloid originals like the past. We won't delete vocaloid entries as long as they're connected to relevant entry on the site.

11 months ago

Necessity4Fun

@SpeedybakaP It's not a question of preference, it just strikes me as something that'd confuse more than help at the moment, there's just no need for such a page to exist right now. It would be helpful if you linked the voca.db article in the external links instead, for the sake of keeping organization >w<

And no problem, it's no inconvenience it's just something we try to maintain to a minimum since it is not the purpose of this website. Thanks for understanding o/

PS: this is the way to reply to comments, but you can mention the person so that they get a notification, iirc

11 months ago

SpeedybakaP

I’m not sure I can reply to comments, so I’ll just answer here, Necessity4Fun. I’m very sorry about the inconvenience, and I will delete the page if you want. :)

11 months ago

Necessity4Fun

Why add this song to utaite.db when you can link it to the Voca.db entry? I thought this was something we were not supposed to do? (There are not a bunch of covers either, so it's not a cover jointer yet)

thumb

アドレサンス

Dios/シグナルP feat. 鏡音リン, 鏡音レン
12 months ago

core

Well I think it's a good idea that Utaites have their own PV for their covers. I mostly mean that songs with a simple PV. So.. is there any Utaite who want a PV here? You can see my works in my profile and also my VocaDB profile. 🤔

12 months ago

Nefere

The name of current site owner is Josh, and that's all what I found out about him.

I had more luck with artist that we know he owned the site years ago.
* The artist participated in collaboration to work on Rin song (#sm19048637). The description contains a mylist and twitter link, but not the site.
* The mylist mentioned in the description was thankfully archived (2012 version). It confirms that they was the owner in that time.
* The twitter account is already taken and empty in top of that - they propably closed the account. Good that even if all their tweets are deleted, the tweets of people they talked with are not. And all of them are in Japanese. The last conversation was around the end of 2012.

My guess is the artist deleted all accounts in 2013-2015 and the website domain was sold to someone else.

12 months ago

faerimagic

The artist's site is still active (https://www.romillion.com/), however, I am unsure if the current owner is the same person involved in the utaite/Vocaloid scene.

• The Wayback Machine has a 2011 snapshot that uses Japanese characters. However, there is no usage of Japanese characters on the current site, or any related social media.
  • The related Etsy account is based in Chicago, Illinois, not Japan. (Of course, they may have moved to Illinois, but confirmation is needed.)
13 months ago

kan0nica

In an effort to make communication easier between our staff, editors, and utaite fans, we have created a Discord server!

Feel free to ask for editing advice, share your favorite utaite songs, or show off your own covers.

Use the following invite link to join. Please read the rules and have fun!

13 months ago

ayuumii

Note to self: add album

thumb

爆発!ラブパニック!

きくお feat. ななひら
15 months ago

faerimagic

@Mister_Tsar Seems like they're no longer being offered. I'd recommend removing the link then. If the mp3s/instrumentals become available in the future, we can always add it in again.

15 months ago

Mister_Tsar

Hmm, producer's website is unavailable for me.

thumb

Always and Forever

虹原ぺぺろん feat. GUMI, 鏡音リン
15 months ago

faerimagic

@Mister_Tsar Yeah, since Muzie no longer works, I've removed the Muzie links, as well as untagged "free" and "karaoke available".

15 months ago

Mister_Tsar

Should the "free" tag be removed since Muzie stopped its free download service?

thumb

え?あぁ、そう。

蝶々P feat. 初音ミク
15 months ago

faerimagic

Ah, thank you! I'll update the entry to reflect that.

(edit: Musicbrainz link now directs to the correct Sasaki Takayuki.)

15 months ago

kan0nica

MusicBrainz is referring to this musician who has the same name: http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~suttaka/thecomingsoon.member.html
I think VGMdb's should be the correct Takayuki for this entry.

15 months ago

faerimagic

There seems to be a discrepancy between his birthdate on MusicBrainz and VGMdb.

There are a number of possibilities:
- Both entries are for the correct artist, but MusicBrainz's DOB is wrong.
- Both entries are for the correct artist, but VGMdb's DOB is wrong.
- Both entries are for the correct artist, but both DOBs are wrong.
- Only one entry is correct, the other is for an entirely different Sasaki Takayuki.
- Neither of them are for the correct artist.

17 months ago

riipah

The URL is supposed to be https, but it was still http. I changed that, and now it's working again.

17 months ago

core

same here

17 months ago

ayuumii

I can't access it either, and I'm on PC. Maybe it doesn't exist?

17 months ago

Mister_Tsar

I'm currently on mobile and I can't access the "Help" page. It just shows a blank box and the background.
On VocaDB it works fine.

18 months ago

bubbletea

I made this account just for this song.

thumb

+♂

ギガP feat. various
18 months ago

stephieku

Rejection seems to be a Japanese doujin group that sells stuff at M3, so they're probably legitimate and got permission from him. https://resistance-rejection.tumblr.com/

18 months ago

Mister_Tsar

Hey, guys!
There is this one weird track I found on Google Play... https://play.google.com/store/music/album?id=Blgvq3on67ixn5zfyut536iivse
Is this a real cover? It's very questionable.
The original song is "Sinner" by OkameP feat. Megurine Luka.

18 months ago

stephieku

Linked videos are different recordings from the album versions.

thumb

彼はきっと魔法を使う。

Orangestar feat. めありー
20 months ago

jakegaslamp

Why is no one adding Honeyworks songs? What is going on here? I've added two and I was about to add a third one...

21 months ago

stephieku

I don't usually bother with it, but since this is a re-upload by the original creator, i think putting the original upload date in the description might be better.

21 months ago

faerimagic

I can't access the deleted entries, but I'm pretty sure the original upload was listed at some point. Should this entry reference that original upload date or will the current reupload date be fine?

thumb

クラゲの歌

Nathanael Platier feat. Virgo Voice
21 months ago

mag

Maaany thanks

21 months ago

faerimagic

Gotcha, I'll merge them for you! I guess I should've added her username as an alias. Woops! I'll be sure to do that, too.

21 months ago

mag

Well, so I've just found out that Kasuka actually DOES already exist in the DB. Could these entries be merged together?

Background illustration by みゆ | Other credits and source code | Content licensed under Creative Commons. | Privacy and cookie policy