Recent comments

9 days ago

faerimagic

I'm unsure if this is the correct version that appears in Amatsuki's DiVE!!.

thumb

小さな恋のうた

fu-rin feat. 天月
50 days ago

stephieku

I've been cleaning up the tags and I've been reorganizing them to make them more useful.
I wanted to address some issues and clarify some categories. I'm unsure what is useful or not, so I would appreciate some suggestions.

General issues:
- I deleted many tags that were copied from VocaDB that I think are unappropriate for UtaiteDB (such as "cover", "Non-English Lyrics", since a majority of songs fall under this category). I changed the "Japanese" tag into "Japanese cover" for use on non-Japanese songs covered in Japanese. I also deleted many Vocaloid voicebank related tags. If you want to include more information on the Vocaloid or UTAU, please put it in the description.
- Tags can use spaces, there is no need to use underscores for word separation.
- Try to avoid redundant tags. Merge or report any redundant tags. This is especially a problem for compound words with variations in spaces, dashes, underscores.

Here is a brief description of how I currently organize the tags. Please let me know if there's any categories you would like to add or categories you think should be redefined, renamed, etc.

Categories:
- Genres: Genres a song belongs to. Music genres are a lower priority on UtaiteDB compared to VocaDB, but if you would like to add genre tags, please be careful about redundant tags. Most of the redundant tags I removed were from this category
- Arrangement type: For rearrangements, what type of arrangement.
- Artist status: Gives more information on the artist's current activity.
- Animation: PV animation style. Might remove this category.
- Copyrights: Franchises such as anime, games, TV shows, movies that the song originates from. For videos removed due to copyright claims, go to the Song Status category.
- Editor notes: Mostly tags that indicate missing information or explain missing information. This sections is to help editors locate incomplete or messy entries. It is also good to identify entries where the classifications are unknown (like remix vs. cover. vs. original).
- Event: Related to concerts, competitions, themed events (e.g. nostalgic Vocaloid songs collab), etc. Youtube chorus battles have their own section.
- Jobs: Tags that explain the positions/roles of people under Other Artists and people who belong to multiple artist types/roles (e.g. an utaite who also illustrates for PVs will have an "illustrator" tag). I'm considering changing the name of this category.
- Languages: Languages utaite sing in and language a song is in (excluding Japanese).
- Lyrics: Types of lyrics available for a song.
- Release types: Provides extra information on the release type and what the release comes with.
- Series: G**roups songs/albums that belong to a song or album series.
- **Site types
: Indicates sites artists frequently upload to.
- Song status: Availability of the song and other aspects of the song.
- Sources: Where the song is from, more song type information.
- Staff use: These are for the mods and admins to double check certain entries for deletion or quality checking.
- Themes: content information for songs. I deleted a lot of general tags like "love" and "depression", but if people want them back, I'll put them back in. I kept tags like "Christmas" and content warning type tags.
- View count milestones: If the video has reached a certain number of views.
- Vocalists: Tags describing the vocalist. Majority of tags should relate to utaite, such as type of utaite or voice types. Specific tags for voicebanks aren't welcome (e.g. female Vocaloid).
- YouTube battles: Youtube chorus battles go here
- Unsorted: Categories to be determined. Not sure where to put "serifu".

Once again, please give suggestions if you can!

51 days ago

faerimagic

Sorry for the delay! I've added all the new ones to the list.

54 days ago

overtides

Soraru no longer allows reprints. (source)

4 months ago

overtides

Just added a few artists that forbid reprints.
セラぴょん: (Source)

Mes: (Source)

Edit (2):
Illustrators:
萩森じあ: (Source/Source)
赤月ろきの: (Source)
おちも: (Source)
檀上大空: (Source/Source)

Edit (3)
Music Producers:
EZFG: (Source/Source)

4 months ago

faerimagic

@overtides, Thanks for your hard work! I've added them all to the list.

4 months ago

overtides

No problem! Here are some of the missing sources:
Anima: (Source)
Araki: (Source)
*Namirin: (Source) ; the Copyright Disclaimers
Panaman: (Source/Source)
Shoose: (Source)
Swi: (Source)

Here are some additions:
しゃいる: (Source)
美麗: (Source)
"※この動画で他の方の名前を出すことは絶対にお控えください。" is seen on various video descriptions.
Tightson: (Source)
"Youtube等の他動画サイトへの無断転載は禁止です(・o・)" is seen on recent video descriptions.
Ashikubi: (Source)
SymaG: (Source)
HaRuK@: (Source)
Note: original source was deleted. Here is a secondary source.
Kanna: (Source)
Izu: (Source)
96Neko: (Source)
Kano: (Source)
TokoNokoα: (Source)

I will probably add more later. @faerimagic

4 months ago

faerimagic

@overtides Thanks for the source, I've added Mafumafu to the list!

4 months ago

overtides

Mafumafu no longer allows reprints. (Source)

17 months ago

faerimagic

I thought it would be handy to have a list of reprint-forbidding artists as well as sources. Let me know if I missed anything!

Also, if any new and/or better sources to use, please let me know about those too.

Tag: reprints prohibited

Utaites

Music Producers

Illustrators

7 months ago

faerimagic

Okay, so I guess that means Comiket 84, then.

7 months ago

riipah

I think it means "Summer Comiket", meaning Comiket in August.

7 months ago

Is 夏コミ an event?

thumb

AUTOGRAPH

MOVE ON Entertainment
7 months ago

faerimagic

This song is pretty much 2525遊園地, but Usa's version has slightly changed lyrics (?) and the album version was released first.

thumb

FRIENDS in the BOX

黒うさP feat. うさ
7 months ago

faerimagic

According to Utaite Wiki, the 9th track differs depending on which publisher (Tower Records / Animate) but I need a source to confirm this.

8 months ago

Yamishiro

I ordered this album yesterday. Can´t wait for it to arrive. (OuO)/

8 months ago

riipah

I think it's because there's a few songs with utaite here. It's not wrong to have the album on both sites, if the album has both Vocaloid and utaite.

9 months ago

fitanimal

Why is this under Utaite? This is clearly a Vocaloid and Debutante 2-7 are under Vocadb

thumb

DEBUTANTE

けしスタジオ feat. various
14 months ago

goldenchild

Thanks for your hard work here and on vocadb.net ^^

14 months ago

riipah

Sorry, I didn't notice this before. From the logs I can see you were trying to add a barcode to the album. There was a UtaiteDB-specific problem with the album barcodes list causing that error. That's fixed now.

14 months ago

goldenchild

Hey !! i tried TWO times to add ALL the informations, and everytime i just received an error message and everything was deleted, that's why i put these links as comments.

14 months ago

stephieku

Just a notice that these links should be added on to the main entry. I will edit them in. Additionally, entries have to be made for all versions of the single.

Please refrain from adding entries unless you can add the bare minimum.

14 months ago

goldenchild

14 months ago

stephieku

The arrangement sounds the same as the album, but the singing sounds different to me. Someone else needs to double check too...

14 months ago

Unsure if:
* It's a cover or another arrange. Maybe a cover..
* The same version that appears on "二律背反". If it is, it should be merged.

14 months ago

stephieku

Don't know how to categorize the tracks on this album.

15 months ago

stephieku

I don't know if this is the original or "new words" version.

ラットが死んだ

P.I.N.A. feat. 足首
15 months ago

faerimagic

Sorry, but unofficial uploads of album-exclusive songs are not allowed on the site.

15 months ago

Kawazu

This Movie is Un Official Video.Add to OK?

えれくとりっく・えんじぇぅ

ギガP feat. れをる, ななひら
17 months ago

stephieku

I don't have a copy of this to reference to. Can you tell what needs to be changed?

17 months ago

neonat

The version with sana is different from the album, I own a copy, there is no mention whatsoever for any credit to sana

thumb

Love cino

Junky feat. 柊優花
18 months ago

kan0nica

Need to check later to see if the version on VOCAROCK is the same as the one on Setsunai(ry......

ラストエフェクト

Last Note. feat. まふまふ
19 months ago

BAGU

This could just be a cover of Neru's arrange from Fictional World.

20 months ago

BAGU

I think it's this person, but can't find anything to confirm it (x x x)

20 months ago

kan0nica

I forget the exact reason, but it's mainly because there is clear distinction between minato's producer and singing career for them to be separate entries.

20 months ago

BAGU

Why are トゥライ and minato separated? It just makes it more confusing in the end.

20 months ago

kan0nica

All song entries must include lyricist/composer/arranger information, even if it is non-VOCALOID.

thumb

Let Me Be With You

北川勝利, 宮川弾, ROUND TABLE feat. Hinako
20 months ago

kan0nica

These Reol bonuses aren't physical CDs, but rather, printed cards with URLs to redeem the songs.

thumb

未公開楽曲ダウンロードカード~彩編~

takamatt, かめりあ feat. れをる
21 months ago

kan0nica

Re: entry report,

The album version has an additional 30 second intro, so that's why it has it's own separate entry. Plus, it's pretty obvious that the song has been re-recorded and re-mixed when compared to the NND version.

Hope ac

ゆよゆっぺ feat. 花たん
21 months ago

Mashiron_Shiina

hope you'll make great song like this again hahaha

21 months ago

Mashiron_Shiina

Huaa your voice is too kawai~~,great song i love it so much

21 months ago

Mashiron_Shiina

I love your song "kotoba no Iranai Yakusoku"your voice is to kawai~~,i love the song so much,great song

22 months ago

BAGU

This was the only thing I could find. From what I can understand it seems like this is an original song by NO LEAF CLOVER (KEI's band; song composed by KEI) but so far has only been performed at lives.

22 months ago

stephieku

I need some help finding the original version of this song.

plot

KEI, 井上ジョー feat. 赤飯
22 months ago

stephieku

Don't worry about it! More is better than too little, just wanted to save you a bit of work :)

22 months ago

faerimagic

Alright, in the future I'll limit the non-Niconico original songs to just the ones that are covered more than once. Sorry about that, I went a bit overboard...

22 months ago

stephieku

I don't think it's necessary to add original song entries of non-Niconico related songs. I think some like Let it Go are good because heavily covered (like Let it Go), but I feel like these a bit unnecessary and clutter up the database, but there's nothing wrong with them either... I usually put the original song in the cover entry's description.

thumb

シャボン玉

つんく♂, 高橋諭一 feat. モーニング娘。
22 months ago

kan0nica

"Arrange" in this instance refers to additional vocal harmonies.

I will change this entry's song type (and that other one) back to "cover".

22 months ago

BAGU

The descriptions mentions something about this being an arrangement as well.
(※一部アレンジが含まれます。本家様のイメージを崩したくない方はお気を付けください。)

thumb

ラブレター・フロム・メランコリー

カラスヤサボウ feat. よるきち
22 months ago

stephieku

For simultaneous releases, we either mark both as originals, or we make the utaite version the Cover version. I think it's fine to leave them be.

thumb

Masked bitcH

ギガP feat. GUMI
Background illustration by みゆ | Other credits and source code | Content licensed under Creative Commons.